Forum Membership Requests

Important and unimportant news. Links to new betas will be posted here.

Forum Membership Requests

Postby romad » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:27 pm

For some strange reason, both Nick & I were being informed that new user requests did not exist; we thought each other had acted on the requests and determined they were from SPAMMERS. Today we discovered what was happening and I was able to go in and fix it for my account. Unfortunately this started happening back in June, and I was only able to recover requests from about mid-July. I've checked those and about 95% WERE from SPAMMERS and deleted. The remaining 5% were approved. All applications are checked against databases of reported sources of SPAM and/or malware.

I'm going to see if I can find the missing applications (if possible) and review them. However, if you applied on or after 12 Jun 17, have NOT been approved, and are NOT a SPAMMER, it would help if you let me know the username and date of application. Thank you.

Your friendly SPAM Moderator
Dennis
User of Jefferson Bible, MPG, PMD, & PMiOS. Oh, and WeatherStick.

Mac OS El Capitán, iOS 10.x.x, watchOS 3.x.x
User avatar
romad
 
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: Oroville, California People's Republic

Re: Forum Membership Requests

Postby romad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Just an update. I haven't found any more applications awaiting approval so I'll probably delete this topic at the end of the month.
Dennis
User of Jefferson Bible, MPG, PMD, & PMiOS. Oh, and WeatherStick.

Mac OS El Capitán, iOS 10.x.x, watchOS 3.x.x
User avatar
romad
 
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: Oroville, California People's Republic


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron