Beta Version 1.2.0 (Build 1.0.4)

managing your money on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

Re: Beta Version 1.2.0 (Build 1.0.4)

Postby GordM » Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 am

Irontooth wrote:Calendar Picker Missing

Device: iPad 2
OS Version: 9.3.1

Function: Select date (Calendar picker is selected in Settings/Display Options/Edit Transaction)

Issue: Nothing Happens

Steps to duplicate:

1. Create new transaction
2. Tap on Date
3. Nothing happens

Not to muddy the waters, but the calendar picker is working here.
Gord
PM2 (1.2.0 (1.05)), PMD (2.0.14) and iOS 10.3.2
GordM

Postby pipperl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 am

Device: iPhone SE
OS version: 9.3.3

Funtion: select date (calendar picker)
Issue: After picking date in the calendar picker and return to transaction edit page, the date field become "blank". After saving the date will be 1970/1/1.

Could not duplicate.
pipperl

Postby Irontooth » Sat May 20, 2017 7:56 am

New Line (return) characters stripped from memos

OS Version: 9.3.5

Function: Editing Transaction

Issue: When a list is created in a memo, using the <return> key to move to the next line, the new line characters are stripped out, losing memo formatting.

Comment: I think it is fine that the yellow color and lines have been removed from the memo screen. It seems to me the most straightforward way to deal with the previous text/line alignment issue

Steps to duplicate:

1. When editing a transaction, tap in the Memo field, and then the '>' to reveal the memo screen.
2. Create a list, using the <return> key to move to a new line.
3. Tap <Done>. The transaction screen is displayed, and after a brief moment, the memo text appears, with list items next to each other in the Memo field. Tap '>' again - the list now has the line feeds stripped out.
Example: Suppose I want to list items that I purchased in a transaction, e.g. - Chicken, cheese, lettuce, and more. I can create a memo (on the Memo screen) that shows:

Chicken
Cheese
lettuce
bread
marmalade
water

When I hit '<Edit Transaction' to return to the transaction screen, the Memo field shows 'Chicken Cheese lettuce bread marmalade water'. Tapping on the '>' again shows the memo screen with the text as 'Chicken Cheese lettuce bread marmalade water'. List formatting is lost. This also cause paragraph formatting to be lost.

Suggestion: Allow users to add a brief one-line memo on the transaction screen, but _If a memo has been edited using the Memo screen_, display something like "Tap '>' to reveal" on the transaction screen as a boilerplate text.
Irontooth

Postby Irontooth » Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 am

Keyboard obscures part of transaction while editing

OS Version: 9.3.5

Function: Edit transaction

Issue: In landscape mode, with Predictive Text activated, the keyboard partially obscures the line for the switch for excluding from statistics while editing a memo. Touching one of the Custom fields causes the predictive text portion of the keyboard to hide, revealing the entire line. Question: Why does predictive text turn off in the Custom fields?

The same type of problem occurs using the 'PC Keyboard' 3rd party keyboard, except touching one of the Custom fields does not 'scroll' the screen.

In both cases, the switch can be toggled.

In Portrait mode, there is no problem; the keyboard in either case is well below the line containing the statistics switch.

Steps to duplicate:

1. Turn on Predictive Text
2. Edit the Memo field of a transaction while in Landscape mode.

Note: Prior bug reports for this release showed me using iOS 9.3.1 - I forgot to edit my bug template, and all previous reports were using iOS 9.3.5 on an iPad 2
Irontooth

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Just an FYI: Your post will be edited with a status (Fixed, verified, added to master list, postponed, etc.) as I get to each bug.
NickA

Postby romad » Sun May 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Nick, rather than deleting a reported problem, perhaps it would be better to edit it with either "Fixed" or "Added to master list"? If someone with the same problem comes here after you delete a post, they'll just think they have one that hasn't been reported yet and post the bug again. BTW, this is where Mantis was helpful so we could track fixed bugs before reporting them again.
Dennis
User of Jefferson Bible, MPG, PMD, & PMiOS. Oh, and WeatherStick.

Mac OS El Capitán, iOS 10.x.x, watchOS 3.x.x
romad

Postby Luis0321 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:05 pm

For syncing between devices, it only uploads the new data once you go back to the accounts screen. Is this normal or should it upload it while in the accounts register too?

Right now it syncs when you go to the Accounts screen. There is no background refresh. I'm not sure if I'm going to implement a background refresh at this time. I may add a manual sync button, or a "pull to refresh" feature, but eventually you'll end up back on the Accounts screen, and the data will refresh.
Luis0321

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 4:08 pm

romad wrote:Nick, rather than deleting a reported problem, perhaps it would be better to edit it with either "Fixed" or "Added to master list"? If someone with the same problem comes here after you delete a post, they'll just think they have one that hasn't been reported yet and post the bug again. BTW, this is where Mantis was helpful so we could track fixed bugs before reporting them again.

Good idea Dennis. I will leave the post with a brief summary and a "Fixed" or other status message added to it.

Mantis is ok, but I don't like the fact that another account has to be created for you guys, with yet another login to remember. I use my own internal bug system, but looking for a better public facing system you guys can use. Similar to how I now use FreshDesk for support. In fact, I may be able to integrate bugs into FreshDesk.
NickA

Postby romad » Sun May 21, 2017 5:04 pm

NickA wrote:
romad wrote:Nick, rather than deleting a reported problem, perhaps it would be better to edit it with either "Fixed" or "Added to master list"? If someone with the same problem comes here after you delete a post, they'll just think they have one that hasn't been reported yet and post the bug again. BTW, this is where Mantis was helpful so we could track fixed bugs before reporting them again.

Good idea Dennis. I will leave the post with a brief summary and a "Fixed" or other status message added to it.

Mantis is ok, but I don't like the fact that another account has to be created for you guys, with yet another login to remember. I use my own internal bug system, but looking for a better public facing system you guys can use. Similar to how I now use FreshDesk for support. In fact, I may be able to integrate bugs into FreshDesk.

OK. I got around the separate login problem by using the same log-in info for Mantis as I had for here! Yeah, not proper security-wise, but it worked. Of course, the fact that I use 1Password helps also!
Dennis
User of Jefferson Bible, MPG, PMD, & PMiOS. Oh, and WeatherStick.

Mac OS El Capitán, iOS 10.x.x, watchOS 3.x.x
romad

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Luis0321 wrote:Ok, thanks. Was having 'issues' with it syncing but I figured out that was the issue. Works great thou and it's a great feature to have.

Great to hear Luis, thanks. It's basically the same sync engine that's in PocketMoney Desktop, but tweaked somewhat to handle multiple requests and work over the Internet. I'm still working on making it quicker and more efficient.
NickA

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 5:20 pm

GordM wrote:Just noticed that a bank account seems to have been added to my Bank Accounts. Its name is ???, the balance is $0.00 and there are no transactions. The other accounts are not affected by this.

This will happen if you select the + to add a new account, and then back out without typing an account name. This has been around for a while (even in the original versions). Some validation just needs to be added there, as well as a custom handler to intercept the back button. Probably not going to change it any time soon as it's easy to delete while you're still in the edit screen, but it's on the list nonetheless.
NickA

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Irontooth wrote:Editing Items from Personal panel returns user to 'wrong' location?

The word "Personal" is there because you will eventually be able to add multiple databases. So maybe you have a database for personal finances, and one for business. You will be able to keep those totally separate from each other. This will be coming soon in a future update.

For now, I will remove the word all together as it doesn't make sense.

Regarding the wrong location: this is a menu so select items that take you to a different function. IF you use the GMail app for iOS (or most apps nowadays) you'll see a similar hamburger menu that does the same thing.
NickA

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 5:29 pm

GordM wrote:
Irontooth wrote:Calendar Picker Missing
Function: Select date (Calendar picker is selected in Settings/Display Options/Edit Transaction)

Not to muddy the waters, but the calendar picker is working here.

I think it might be an iPad only thing.
NickA

Postby GordM » Sun May 21, 2017 5:46 pm

NickA wrote:
GordM wrote:Just noticed that a bank account seems to have been added to my Bank Accounts. Its name is ???, the balance is $0.00 and there are no transactions. The other accounts are not affected by this.

This will happen if you select the + to add a new account, and then back out without typing an account name. This has been around for a while (even in the original versions). Some validation just needs to be added there, as well as a custom handler to intercept the back button. Probably not going to change it any time soon as it's easy to delete while you're still in the edit screen, but it's on the list nonetheless.

Thanks Nick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gord
PM2 (1.2.0 (1.05)), PMD (2.0.14) and iOS 10.3.2
GordM

Postby NickA » Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Irontooth wrote:New Line (return) characters stripped from memos

On the list for a future update. The first step to replacing this outdated memo control was to get rid of the yellow paper lines and images. The underlying controls is still the same. It will be replaced with the simple native textview.
NickA

PreviousNext

Return to PocketMoney for iOS