Synch Problem

managing your money on Android devices

Synch Problem

Postby Motorhomer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm

I have a weird problem with synching my OnePlus 3T to my Windows 10 PC. I've had PM for some years and it's fine normally but this is has got me foxed. My phone cannot see the server. Wi-fi is fine and I've done the usual stuff of rebooting everything. This is the problem I think: On the phone synch page if I press the 'Client' option it shows the correct IP and port addresses. However, if I press the 'Server' option the IP address address is wrong in that the last digit is a different number. I am unable to change this number, which appears to be fixed.

I would imagine that the 'Server' option on the phone should also be the same as on the PC but, as I said, I can't change it. In desperation I have deleted PM on my phone and reinstalled it, but nothing has changed. Could the re-installation be picking up some previous settings history from my phone or is the 'Server' address supposed to be one number higher than the 'Client' address?

Can anyone help? I'm on holiday for five weeks on Saturday and need to synch my phone before leaving. During my trip I keep up my finances on my phone and when I get home I synch with my PC and update that. I love PM and it's been fine for years but this is baffling me.

Thank you.

Ps I'm assuming that pressing the 'Server' option sets it to Server and not the opposite. When I press it it becomes grey and the Client option is white.
Motorhomer

Re: Synch Problem

Postby Motorhomer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:21 am

Just to say that I've solved this myself and I pass on the solution for others. After loading PM Desktop on my laptop my phone synched OK so that proved that the problem was on my PC. I remembered that I'd recently loaded Avast ant-virus and, on checking the settings, the firewall option had my PC set as a 'Public'. I changed it to 'Private' and my phone is now synching properly.

PM was blameless!
Motorhomer

Return to PocketMoney for Android